Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Didn't think you had OCD?

I've been to several flyball seminars and at every one of them I learn something new... The common factor in all of them has been... VIDEO everything! Because something that you think looks good, you go back and there is something you want to change....
I always knew that I had a few obsessive tendencies.... Nothing comes close to the OCD moments I go through like when I'm training a box turn! Let me paint the picture for you! Since starting Ninja's box training in Feb 08' I have over 500 video clips, and 350 wall work clips saved up! Sound like a lot? yah its about 50 hours worth of just Ninja's box turn! Worst part is.... I'm always critiquing it! Making lists of what worked and what didn't work....
A few new things I've learned..... Counting frames... it has actually become a new obsession! Thanks to Colleen of X Flyball in Las Vegas! If you open up your videos in quicktime..... it is very easy to count frames... each click of the right arrow button is a frame... Why does this matter? A extremely quick box turn is 7-8 frames... the average box turn is 9-12 and anything above that is just slow..... SUCKS! out of the 100 box turns i watched Ninja's fastest turn was a 9.
.. his average was a 11.
.... slowest 14!!!!! BOO!!!

So instead of counting sheep when i can't sleep.... i boot up the good old laptop and start to count frames!! You thought counting box turn frames was bad! Ya well.... you have no idea! now its time to count frames in a full run! For every frame is .0333....

So this is 117 frames.... 117X.0333= 3.891

And that is just Ninja's videos! I've trained a few other turns..... and yes I continue to watch there videos as well! it must be a sickness!!! So for all of you keeping track... Rave's box training will be well documented, and extremely over analyzed! After watching all of Ninja's videos and all of the different set ups.... one piece of advice! Don't over analyze :)

No comments:

Post a Comment